Here is the formula used to calculate damage in a battle. The formula is the same for both physical and elemental attacks, but it uses either ATK for physical and WIS for elemental damage. The amount of damage done depends on the attacking values of one guardi
Damage = a * ( 1 + (1 / ( 2^(5 - s) ) ) + b ) * e - ( d * c )/2
- a - attack value
- the attacker's ATK for physical attacks or WIS for elemental attacks
- s - skill level
- the skill level of the attack
- b - attack buff modifier
- this modifier is equal to all buffs and debuffs on the attack value which are present at the time of the attack, in decimal format
- e - elemental modifier
- this modifier is based on the element of the attack and the elemental Attribute of the defender. If the attack will be blocked use .85; for crits use 1.15; otherwise use 1. This is always 1 for all physical attacks which cannot crit or be blocked.
- d - defense value
- the defender's DEF for physical attacks or WIS for elemental attacks
- c - defense buff modifier
- this modifier is equal to all buffs and debuffs on the defense value which are present at the time of the attack, in decimal format
Here are some general observations from the formula:
- Physical damage increases linearly with the attacker's ATK stat.
- Physical damage is reduced linearly with the defender's DEF stat.
- Elemental damage increases linearly with the attacker's WIS stat.
- Elemental damage is reduced linearly by the defender's WIS stat.
- Damage increases exponentially with skill level of the attack.
This information is based on a post in the Guardian Cross Forums. My formula above differs slightly as I assume that the affects of skill on the damage can be expressed in a formula with a minimum of magic numbers. My formula dictates level 1 skills apply 0.0625 (1/(2^4)) instead of 0.065 as well as level 2 skills apply 0.125 (1/(2^3)) instead of 0.12. My assumption may be wrong based on forced two digit rounding in the calculations.
I've also included modifiers for the defense value which were not included in the original formula.
I will add examples as soon as I have time to verify the formula against known opponents.
Damage = AW * ( 1 + Skill Level + Buff ) * Element - DW/2
AW = Attack or Wisdom
Skill Level +1 = 0.065 +2 = 0.12 +3 = 0.25 +4 = 0.5
Element = 115% or 85% example fire hit light = 85% light hit fire = 115%
DW = Defence or Wisdom